We offer you quality and personalized accommodation while experiencing San Jose. We embrace diversity in a co-living environment that provides you comfort in each of our unique spaces not only for a great rest but for creativity, relaxation, and cultural experiences.
We're a small hostel and like to pay special attention to details to make your stay more pleasant and grant you the comfort you need during your visit to San Jose, whether it's a short or long one.
We are in La Sabana, which is close enough to the main downtown area but away from the noise and crowds.
At Capital Hostel de Ciudad you'll find different areas to share, create, collaborate, inspire and get inspired.
Common areas include:
- Backyard with BBQ facilities
- Entertainment area with pool table, TV, board games.
- Indoor patio.
- Work desk.
- Book exchange and reading area.
- Living room.
- Full kitchen facilities.
Our place has three different accommodation types:
- Pods in shared dorms: All of our pods have 3 mini shelves and a big sized secured drawer for your belongings, as well as two independent lights and electrical outlets. The pods have a curtain for extra privacy since our dorms are on an open-floor format.
All linen and towels are included.
Independent showers, toilets, and sinks are just a couple of steps away.
- Private rooms with shared bathroom: This room type has a maximum capacity of 3 people. It has one queen-sized bed and a twin-sized bed. The ensuite bathroom is shared with another triple room only. Fan, a big closet for your belongings and a 32' TV with cable are also a part of this room.
- Private room with private bathroom: This room has two queen-sized beds, private ensuite bathroom with bathtub, and a walk-in closet. You will also enjoy aÂ desk, fan and a 32' TV with cable. This room has an indoor patio view where natural light will energize you to start each morning.
Regarding location, we are just a couple of blocks south from La Sabana Metropolitan Park in San Jose (Mata Redonda district). Very easy access to/from the airport, San Jose downtown, Escazu area and more. Find us on Google Maps or Waze under Capital Hostel de Ciudad.
La Sabana Park is where the National Stadium and the Costa Rican Art Museum are located. The park is also a great spot for outdoors activities and sports. Fairs, festivals and special events are also often held here.
Nearby you'll find grocery stores, a small supermarket, a pharmacy, small local restaurants and international food restaurants.
Also, we are conveniently located half block from "Sabana-Estadio" bus stop, which takes you directly downtown and connects you to any other bus stop in San Jose. If you are more of a walking person, you can also get to the main downtown area within a 30-minute walk.
Email us for more information on how to get here from the airport and we'll provide you with all the different options.